Aloha Oregon!

6.01.2006

Whew, Memorable Memorial Road Trip Over

Time is plummeting by. That is, rather than flying, gravity has taken over. In less than two weeks we'll be at staging, but I'm suspicious that we've been more busy now than we'll be in the Peace Corps.

We took a Road Trip last week up California to see friends and family: 1400 miles in some 6 days. We hit Santa Barbara, Woodland and Santa Cruz, saw Mike, Karen, Eli, Ollie, Josh I., Christina, my parents, my aunt's family and my sister (plus UCSC dorm people - what a crowd!). It was a swell time of people-seeing (as opposed to sight-seeing) and I feel like I'm gathering up as many memories of "pre-African Life" that I can in order to carry them with me across the Atlantic. And by the way, what a beautiful state! I don't think I've ever seen Southern and Central California as lush as they are now. Besides the sprawling migrane that is The 405, a rain sogged Spring has birthed a Fresh, Green Summer.

Since returning to San Diego, we're put up our cars for sale (does anyone need a nissan frontier or volkswagen bug?) and I've read The Da Vinci Code. As for my take on the novel du jour, my mother once told me if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. But I have one nice thing to say: it was an exciting treasure hunt. There. That's it.

And now, accolades:
1. To Barcelona Football Club and the Cameroonian International, Samuel Eto'o. Congratulations on the Champions League Win and your game tying goal.
2. To extreme low tides and sage advice. I pulled in, took the high line and found my first floater on the fish. (thanks Dave)
3. To Denise, congratulations on the B.A.
4. To friends in Santa Barbara, for everything.

2 Comments:

  • I have taken the liberty, as you are clearly retarded and lazy, of setting up an RSS feed for this blog. You may subscribe to http://feeds.feedburner.com/AlohaAfrica using Yahoo or whatever aggregator you use.

    I will email you the code you can place in your sidebar to get the little RSS button.

    By Blogger Gullibly Skeptical, at 03 June, 2006 09:45  

  • you are so kind josh. i don't know how we'd be able to get out of bed in the morning without your brilliant and selfless assistance. i'd imagine that everyone else (but not you) who have great difficulty navigating to our webpage once a week will be forever grateful that our journal will be forwarded to them, thus freeing up a crucial 5 to 10 minutes of an already unrelenting routine.

    after receiving said RSS code (and floating through several moments of pure bliss brought on from this sublime gift of yours), we've managed to erect a link on our page which will at long last allow all of our friends to carry out their lives free of peril and jeopardy and yet, somehow, miraculously maintain a connection with us (and, thus, continue to give our lives some tiny wisp of meaning).

    we are not worthy.

    ;)

    By Blogger alohaafrica, at 04 June, 2006 12:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home